Wednesday 12 January 2011

Boba Fett - Mini Amigurumi


I was delayed a bit by Christmas, but I've finally finished my pattern for a miniature Boba Fett. This bounty hunter with the fearsome reputation is only 3.5" tall, and the pattern to make him is available in my Etsy shop.


It was difficult to get his helmet right, but in the end I was very happy with it. It was also hard to find the right colour for his armour - every photo I looked at for reference looked slightly different, and for my first prototype I used an olive green. Then I found this colour, I would describe it as a sage green, which I think works well. I decided against making his rocket backpack, because I felt it would overwhelm him, given his size, but he had to have his little ragged cloak.


I'm hoping to come up with a few more Star Wars characters - I'm working on Obi Wan Kenobi at the moment, then I think I'll have a go at Admiral Ackbar and a Jawa.

***Latest news July 2014***
This pattern is no longer available for sale, as it is going to be included in a new Star Wars crochet book, due to be published Spring 2015.

9 comments:

Sheltie Times said...

My husband bought me the Star Wars set for Christmas and I have not had the chance to even read through the patterns yet. This one looks just as promising.

radioactivegan said...

This is so great! As soon as I have time to do some serious crocheting, I'll have to get the whole set. I know a dozen people who'd like to re-enact some crocheted star wars scenes. Thank you for taking the time to make all of these.

-Sam said...

So cute, I am heading to Star Wars weekends at DIsney this year, themed amis would be fun to bring along...

LucyRavenscar said...

Thanks guys! I took some more photos of the Star Wars amis and tried to make little scenes, I'll have to post them soon.

Anonymous said...

Could you please email me at gmodomo1@hotmail.com I have a few questions about the patterns! :) thank you!

LucyRavenscar said...

I'm afraid that email address didn't work. Please try contacting me through my Etsy shop: http://www.lucyravenscar.etsy.com

IchbineineTomate (Tomate Did What?!) said...

Hi. Hope you're having a pleasant day.


My friend wants me to make this for him. I was wondering what the title of the upcoming book is so I could search for it?

LucyRavenscar said...

I think it's going to be called Star Wars Crochet, and is due to be published next spring.

Anonymous said...

hello! where can i get the boba fett and ewok pattern? thank you